Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Voluntary Spirit Thrives

I've been obsessed with reading all of the flood coverage the last few days, to the neglect of my work. Things got worse overnight as a blizzard moved into the area and 3 inches of snow have already fallen today - that's on top of the rain which fell yesterday, making most roads dangerously icey. While the universities have cancelled classes since Monday, all schools are closed today. With all the little kids home from school today, my mom thought that might actually deter people from volunteering. The city of Fargo is still calling for a massive volunteer effort today.

Volunteer stories are flooding in as well. Many people are saying what I'm thinking: It's 1997 all over again. Here's just one of those stories, which highlights my brother's favorite soccer coach.

And, of course, you can see updated photos here.

No comments: