Tuesday, January 27, 2009

iGoogle at it again!


So, I didn't exactly pay attention to when Google started offering iGoogle - I just know I'm slightly obsessed. Well, those fun Google folks are at it again, and this time they have a philanthropy-related tie-in: Cause Themes!

For those of you not in 'the know', iGoogle offers thematic backgrounds for your iGoogle page for just a touch more personalization. So, when I hopped online this evening I found that I can choose a theme based upon some select causes! (By the way, how does one become a 'chosen cause'?!? I seriously hope they don't have to shell out any money for that, but I'm guessing I'm wrong.) Not only did I select the World Wildlife Fund for my new theme, but I also saw a handy little link pop up at the top of my screen directing my how to donate to WWF! One word: GENIUS.

Sorry, Oscar de la Renta and Kate Spade! You're out, and cute pandas are in!

3 comments:

SKN said...

I'm slightly disappointed in myself because I had NO idea about iGoogle, and I like to consider myself in the know about these kinds of thing. Have no fear, I will be setting up MY iGoogle page as soon as I'm home. I'll report back and let you know what cause theme I choose.

LKM said...

SKN, all I can say is, "ENJOY!" Oh, and it was a toss-up between WWF and the ONE Campaign for me. ;)

SKN said...

I'm newly in love with igoogle! My causes page is of WINDMILLS for the Alliance for Climate Change. So awesome!